A Free Tutorial
Please join me in this free tutorial for Home in the Country. Stitch along with me and create a whimsical house near a spring fed pond nestled in the rolling hills of the mid-west. The design is made with free-form hand embroidery on a single piece of wool fabric and measures about 8″ x 10″ when complete.
I’ll show you step-by-step how to create your Home in Country over the next few weeks. There is a simple pattern to download for the house, tree, fields, and sun. We’ll use basic hand embroidery stitches and pearl cotton threads in sizes 8 and 12.
Your first step is to gather your supplies for the stitch-along and to print out the pattern. You’ll also need basic sewing tools like a pair of scissors, thimble, and straight pins. No embroidery hoop is needed.
Click here for a Home in the Country Stitch Kit or assemble the following items:
- Light blue medium weight wool measuring 8? x 10?
- Yellow gold felt measuring 9? x 11? for backing
- Sewing thread for transferring the pattern shapes in a color contrasting to the wool
- Size 8 pearl cotton threads in these colors: turquoise (Aquamarine), yellow (Butter), red (Red Hots), variegated red violet (Grape Juice), variegated green (Lime Frappe), variegated yellow/orange (Sunrise), green (Peas in a Pod), variegated red/violet/turquoise/green/gold (Asters)
- Size 12 pearl cotton threads in these colors: purple (Bordeaux) and light blue (Ocean)
- Size 3 and 5 hand embroidery needles
- Tracing paper for transferring the pattern shapes
- Download and print out this Word document of the Home in the Country pattern. Or print out this PDF of the Home in the Country pattern.