Now that you’ve conquered the troublesome French knot, we move on to the loopy Lazy Daisy stitch. And just like the French Knot, we’ll be making a plethora of these stitches. This time we are creating the leaves on our Home in the Country treetop.
Step #8- Stitch the Treetop
- Stitch Lazy Daisy Stitches around the tree trunk to form an outline for the treetop. Make soft curves and dips to suggest the outer edge of leaves surrounding the tree trunk.
- Use a size 8 pearl cotton variegated thread (like Lime Frappe) and a size 3 hand embroidery needle.
- Stitch the Lazy Daisy stitches across the interior of the treetop outline.
- Place the stitches closely together and at random angles.
- Fill in the entire treetop shape with Lazy Daisy stitches.