Now that the large elements in our Home in the Country stitch- along are in place, it’s time to add some details.
In this step, we’ll add a row of trees along the horizon line and a rooftop garden to the house. The resident of this house is a very ambitious gardener!
Step #10- Stitch the Tree Line and the Rooftop Garden
- Stitch the Fern Stitch vertically from the sky down to the horizon line to make a tree.
- Use a size 8 pearl cotton thread (like Grape Juice) and a size 3 hand embroidery needle.
- Add more trees across the horizon to create a tree line. Stitch to within 1/4″ of the edges of the fabric.
- Stitch Stem Stitches from the rooftop of the house to create stems for the flowers.
- Use a size 8 pearl cotton thread (like Lime Frappe).
- Stitch Lazy Daisy Stitches on either side of each stem. Using that same thread to make leaves.