You’ll create your own leaf design the easy way- with fused fabrics. Learn a quick pattern transfer method and the basic principles of designing artwork (like repetition, variety, and contrast). Your kit includes all the fabric colors and values needed to make 4 small leaves for this design tutorial as well as a sampler of embroidery thread for stitching detail, texture, and pattern on the surface.
(No sewing machine needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Workshop:
- 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under (paper backed, #805). Please DO NOT BRING HEAT ‘N BOND or STEAM A SEAM.
- Small sharp scissors like 5″ knife blade scissors
- Paper scissors
- Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
- Black Sharpie Fine Point marker
1 yard of parchment paper
- Specialty rotary cutter blades, such as Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional).
- Batting, 1 piece measuring about 20″ x 20″. Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 Batting recommended.
- Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 20″ x 20″
- Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
- Thimble (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand-dyed fabrics and threads, pattern, and handout
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin , IL 60123