Here are a few tips on how to manage those glorious thread skeins from Artfabrik.
- Skeins of thread from Artfabrik arrive at your house in a pretty twist. To see the color sequence and spacing, slide the end loop (with the tag) out of the other end loop. Most threads gradate or change colors every 2 – 3 inches.
- The information tag is attached to the ends of the thread. It tells you size, colorway, and how to contact Artfabrik.
- To return the thread to it’s pretty twist, stick a forefinger into each end loop of the skein. Twist the skein with one finger until the twist is tight. Then slip the end loop with the tag into the other end loop. The skein will twist back on itself.
How to use a Thread Ring
- To store the thread for hand embroidery use a macramé ring like our Thread Rings. The brass rings are smooth so they won’t snag the threads.
- Open the skein into a large loop and place the loop without the tag across the ring into the center of the ring.
- Put the other end of the loop (the one with the tag) around the ring and pull that loop through the first thread loop to secure it around the ring.
Cut the thread skein in half at the far loop retaining the tag.To remove a single thread for stitching, gently pull a strand from the center of the skein where it wraps around the ring. Pull the thread slowly and it won’t tangle.