As the cold of winter starts to blow its way into our lives, so do wishes for a snow day to stay inside and play. Add a touch of snowy enchantment to your seasonal decor and create a delightful tiny home placed on a giant snowflake to celebrate the winter season!
In Fantastical Fused Applique: Snowflake House, you’ll find written directions included with the basic snowflake template to help you quickly assemble the quilt top. Add a few hand embroidery stitches, the backing, and your favorite binding, and let it snow!
It may be chilly outside but your Snowflake House is full of warmth and delight. This festive wall quilt measuring 12” x 12” is easy to create, fun to display, and perfect as a gift.
Here’s What You Will Learn
- How to create a delightful tiny home using fused fabric scraps and your imagination,
- Learn the many uses of parchment paper or silicone release paper when constructing your design,
- Learn tips like bias cutting small shapes to avoid fraying and fuse tacking to keep the quilt softer,
- Learn step-by-step how to cut out a decorative snowflake from fused fabric,
- Learn what type of batting to use and how to steam set the quilt top to the batt to prepare it for stitching,
- Learn how to decorate the snowflake with seed stitches,
- And, as a bonus, learn how to add a fused binding to your quilt.