Create a colorful woven basket quilt full of joyful flowers and leaves. Learn fusing techniques like pattern transfer, bias weaving, and bias braiding for the basket handle. Pattern templates are provided, but you will also learn fusing tips and how to add hand embroidery to your small art quilt.
Bring summer into your home and make a basket full of flowers from a kit of beautifully hand-dyed fabrics and threads. (No sewing machine is needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Class:
- 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under fusible web (paper backed #805). Please DO NOT BRING Heat ‘n Bond or Steam a Seam
- Batting measuring about 14″ x 14″
- Quilt backing fabric measuring about 14″ x 14″
- 1 yard of parchment paper
- Black fine point Sharpie marker
- Small, sharp scissors for free cutting
- Paper scissors
- Rotary cutters, ruler and mat
- Specialty blades, like Pinking, Wavy, or Scallop (optional)
- Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
- Thimble (optional)
- Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
- Tweezers (optional)
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, templates, and hand-dyed fabrics.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin, IL 60123