- Use all our threads for: embroidery, hand and machine quilting, sashiko, couching, bobbin work, wool applique, cross-stitch, needle-point, needle punch, weaving, crochet, knitting, or tatting.
- There are 62 colorways of Artfabrik’s hand-dyed pearl cotton threads in sizes: 3, 5, 8, and 12. See the colorways on the Thread Page.
- Use Size 12 in the top of the sewing machine with a 14/90 quilting or embroidery needle.
- Click here to learn how to prepare threads for the top of the machine or bobbin work.
- Click here to see our Stitch Sampler page showing different uses for the threads.
- Click here to see our Needle and Thread Chart to match embroidery needles to the correct size thread.
- Click here for Thread-u-cation to learn how to prepare your quilt for hand embroidery and how to make basic embroidery stitches.
- Threads are hand-dyed with Procion fiber reactive dyes. Although our threads are thoroughly washed, some excess color (especially red, fuchsia, and purple) may remain and back-dye under certain conditions like on a light colored background fabric.Test the bleed factor of a thread by stitching to a test fabric and washing in hot water.