Artfabrik’s hand-dyed pearl cotton threads are available in four sizes: 3, 5, 8, and 12.
Size 12 Pearl Cotton Thread (130 yards, $12 per skein) A strong, fine thread recommended for hand embroidery (size 5 or 7 embroidery needle), hand or machine quilting, or needle punch (size 1 needle). To use in the machine, wind the skein onto an empty spool and use a 14/90 embroidery or quilting machine needle.
Size 8 Pearl Cotton Thread (50 yards, $8 per skein) A versatile weight recommended for hand embroidery (size 3 or 4 embroidery needle), bobbin drawing, hand quilting, crochet, sashiko, knitting, needlepoint, needle punch (size 2 needle), and weaving.
Size 5 Pearl Cotton Thread (27 yards, $5 per Skein) A thicker thread recommended for hand embroidery (size 3 embroidery needle), hand quilting, crazy quilting, crochet, sashiko, knitting, needlepoint, needle punch (size 6 needle), weaving, stitching on felt or wool.
Size 3 Pearl Cotton Thread (16.4 yards, $4 per skein) Very thick thread recommended for hand stitching (size 1 embroidery needle), couching by machine or hand, needlepoint, knitting, weaving, stitching on felt or wool.
- See thread colorways and place your order here.
- View Tutorials and Stitch projects using our hand dyed thread.
- How to prepare threads for the top of the machine or bobbin work.
- How to manage thread skeins for hand stitching.
- See samples of how to use the different threads.
- See our Needle and Thread Chart to match embroidery needles to the correct size thread.
- Threads are hand-dyed with Procion fiber reactive dyes. Although our threads are thoroughly washed, some excess color (especially red, fuchsia, and purple) may remain and back-dye under certain conditions like on a light colored background fabric.Test the bleed factor of a thread by stitching to a test fabric and washing in hot water.
See thread colorways and place your order here.