Place an order for anything on the Artfabrik site during the month of August and receive a free piece of batik fabric. A $6 value!
Place your order with our secure Paypal service. Having problems with Paypal? Place an order by phone, call 847-931-7684 or email Laura at: email@example.com
Orders are shipped within 7 – 10 days. Thank you!
There are 62 colorways of Artfabrik’s hand-dyed pearl cotton threads in sizes: 3, 5, 8, and 12. See the colorways below.
- Use all our threads for: embroidery, hand and machine quilting, sashiko, couching, bobbin work, wool applique, cross-stitch, needle-point, needle punch, weaving, crochet, knitting, or tatting.
- Use Size 12 in the top of the sewing machine with a 14/90 quilting or embroidery needle.
- Click here to learn how to prepare threads for the top of the machine or bobbin work.
- Click here to see our Stitch Sampler page showing different uses for the threads.
- Click here to see our Needle and Thread Chart to match embroidery needles to the correct size thread.
- Click here for Thread-u-cation to learn how to prepare your quilt for hand embroidery and how to make basic embroidery stitches.
- Threads are hand-dyed with Procion fiber reactive dyes. Although our threads are thoroughly washed, some excess color (especially red, fuchsia, and purple) may remain and back-dye under certain conditions like on a light colored background fabric.Test the bleed factor of a thread by stitching to a test fabric and washing in hot water.
Cotton 12 is a strong, fine thread with a matte finish available in all 62 variegated color schemes. Recommended for machine embroidery, machine quilting, hand quilting (size 5 embroidery needle), or needle punch (size 1 needle). To use in the machine, wind the skein onto an empty spool and stitch away with a 14/90 embroidery or quilting machine needle.
Cotton 12 measures 130 yards for $12. Select a colorway below and add to your cart.
Cotton 8 dyes richly and has a soft hand. Available in 62 variegated colorways, it is recommended for machine bobbin drawing, hand embroidery (size 3 or 5 embroidery needle), hand quilting, crochet, sashiko, knitting, needlepoint, needle punch (size 2 needle), and weaving.
Cotton 8 measures 50 yards for $8. Select a colorway below and add to your cart.
Cotton 5 is strong, bright, and dyes in clearly defined colors. Available in 62 variegated color schemes, it is recommended for hand embroidery (size 3 embroidery needle), hand quilting, crochet, sashiko, knitting, needlepoint, needle punch (size 6 needle), weaving, and any number of needle arts.
Cotton 5 measures 25 yards for $5. Select a colorway below and add to your cart.
Cotton 3 is large and eye catching with shiny, clearly defined colors. Available in 62 variegated color schemes it is recommended for hand stitching (size 1 embroidery needle), couching by machine or hand, needlepoint, knitting, weaving or any number of needle arts.
Cotton 3 measures 16.4 yards for $4. Select a colorway below and add to your cart.
Note: Although we have tried to achieve accurate color, the colors on your screen may appear differently than when viewed in person.