Thank you for signing up for my online class, Free-Form Embroidery: Hand of Fortune, available on Creative Spark!
Hand of Fortune is a free-form hand embroidery project measuring about 10″ x 10″. Hand-dyed threads for Hand of Fortune are available below. You can purchase them as a complete set or individually by clicking the colorway links listed in the description.
The list of Additional Tools and Supplies you must provide for the class is listed below that. Please note that silk fabric is not required. You can use any light weight fabric for your embroidery project.
Hand of Fortune Thread Kit
Hand of Fortune Thread Kit includes Size 8- Oranges, Lime Frappe, and Aquamarine. Size 12- Butter, Ocean, Red Hots, Aquamarine, Bordeaux, and Emerald Isle. Plus a free thread ring as a thank you for joining the class!
Mary Arden 1/5 Embroidery Needles
For stitching Sizes 3, 5, 8, and 12 threads. One packet contains 12 high-quality needles in sizes 1/5.
Additional Tools and Supplies You Need to Complete the Project:
- Lightbox or window
- Paper for drawing shapes
- Black marker
- Painters tape
- .3 mm marking pens for tracing shapes onto fabric (Staedtler Triplus Fineliner recommended)
- Light colored silk or other lightweight fabric for the background 12″ x 12″
- Misty Fuse fusible web 12″ x 12″
- Batting 10″ x 10″ wool batting
- Felt 10″ x 10″
- Ironing surface
- 1/5 embroidery needles (see above)
- Parchment (or baking) paper or silicone release paper, 1.5 yard
- Thread Magic (optional)
- Thimble (optional)
- Needle threader (optional)