Now approaching the finish line! The hand embroidery is complete on your Home, Sweet Home quilt and it is time to bind the quilt and to add machine quilting if you like. The finishing method used for our project quilt is the Pillowcase Binding. The Pillowcase Binding gives you nice clean edges and is easy to do.
- Trim the quilt top square.
- Use one of the binding methods on the Tutorial Page. Or refer to the Pillowcase Binding directions and begin with Step #4.
- Machine quilt the quilt using a titanium or chrome coated embroidery needle and free-motion stitching. (Please note that this step is optional. It is not necessary to machine quilt the piece.)
- To add free-motion stitching, drop the feed dogs on the machine and guide the needle around all the organic shapes in the design while moving the quilt.
- Add a hanging sleeve across the top part of the quilt if desired.
Congratulations! You did it! Please send me a photo of your artwork. I’d love to see it. Send to: laura at artfabrik.com