Explore the mesmerizing world of Zen Doodling and design an original art quilt at the same time. You’ll soon discover how easy it is to doodle like a Zen master and learn how to convert that drawing into a pattern for your quilt.
With an easy pattern transfer process for fused fabric, your drawing quickly becomes a fused art quilt. New fusing tips and tricks are presented to enhance your Zen doodle design. Drawing paper and a kit of colorful hand-dyed fabrics and threads are provided to give you the freedom to play.
(No sewing machine needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Workshop:
• 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under (paper backed, #805). Please DO NOT BRING HEAT ‘N BOND or STEAM A SEAM.
• Small sharp scissors like 5″ knife blade scissors
• Paper scissors
• 2 yards of parchment paper
• Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
• Black fine point Sharpie marker and #2 lead pencil
• Small Sketchbook (optional)
• Specialty rotary cutter blades, such as Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional).
• Batting, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″. Hobbs Heirloom Premium Cotton Batting recommended
• Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″
• Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
• Tweezers (optional)
• Thimble (optional)
• Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, drawing paper, and hand-dyed fabrics and threads.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin , IL 60123
847-931-7684 firstname.lastname@example.org www.artfabrik.com