Your colorful quilt begins with a small sketch or doodle made in class. Using that sketch, you’ll create a pattern for your design. After learning an easy pattern transfer process for fused fabric, you’ll be free to use your pattern to invent your own original fused art quilt. Improvisation is encouraged and new fusing tips and tricks are presented to enhance your Zen doodle design. Drawing paper and a kit of colorful hand-dyed fabrics and threads are provided to give you the freedom to play.(No sewing machine needed.)
(No sewing machine needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Workshop:
• 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under (paper backed, #805). Please DO NOT BRING HEAT ‘N BOND or STEAM A SEAM.
• Small sharp scissors
• Paper scissors
• 2 yards of parchment paper
• Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
• Black fine point Sharpie marker and #2 lead pencil with eraser
• Small Sketchbook (optional)
• Specialty rotary cutter blades, such as Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional).
• Batting, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″. Hobbs Heirloom Premium Cotton Batting recommended
• Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″
• Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
• Tweezers (optional)
• Thimble (optional)
• Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, drawing paper, and hand-dyed fabrics and threads.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin , IL 60123