Create a little house quilt and receive a degree in Architecture from the Chicago School of Fusing at the same time!
In this workshop we explore the many techniques of fusing: free cutting, layering, collage building, improvisational design, and more. The result is a whimsical neighborhood placed in a colorful landscape setting and made from a kit of pre-fused beautifully hand-dyed fabrics.
(No sewing machine is needed.)
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Half-Day Workshop:
– Sharp scissors like 5″ knife blade scissors
– Rotary cutters, mat, and ruler
– Specialty blades like Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional)
– Batting, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″. Hobbs Heirloom Cotton Batting 80/20 recommended
– Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 18” x 18″
– Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
– Tweezers (optional)
– Thimble (optional)
– Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, pre-fused hand-dyed fabrics and embroidery threads.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin, IL 60123