Create a little house quilt and receive a degree in Architecture from the Chicago School of Fusing at the same time!
In this workshop we explore the many techniques of fusing: free cutting, layering, collage building, improvisational design, and more. The result is a whimsical neighborhood placed in a colorful landscape setting and made from beautifully hand-dyed fabrics. (No sewing machine is needed.) $20 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Workshop:
– 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under fusible web (paper backed, #805). Please DO NOT BRING HEAT ‘N BOND or STEAM A SEAM
– Sharp fabric scissors like 5″ knife blade scissors
– Paper scissors
– Rotary cutters, mat and ruler
– Specialty rotary cutter blades like Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional)
– Batting, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″. Hobbs Heirloom Premium Cotton 80/20 Batting recommended
– Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 18” x 18″
– Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
– Tweezers (optional)
– Thimble (optional)
– Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$20 Kit Fee: Includes hand out and hand-dyed fabrics and threads.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin, IL 60123