Celebrate our pretty planet and create a small, round quilt with fused fabrics and hand stitchery. From ponds to fields to forests, you’ll create a vignette of our beautiful earth. Some templates are provided, but you will also explore fusing, free cutting, improvisational design, and the joy of hand embroidery on small art quilts. The result is your own little world of color and whimsy made from a kit of beautifully hand-dyed fabrics and threads. (No sewing machine is needed.) $25 kit fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring:
- 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under fusible web (paper backed #805). Please DO NOT BRING Heat ‘n Bond or Steam a Seam
- Stiff interfacing like Timtex, Peltex, or Fast-2-Fuse measuring about 14″ x 14″
- Batting measuring about 14″ x 14″
- Black fine point Sharpie marker
- Small, sharp scissors for free cutting
- Paper scissors
- Rotary cutters, ruler and mat
- Specialty blades, like Pinking, Wavy, or Scallop (optional)
- Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
- Thimble (optional)
- Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
- Tweezers (optional)
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, templates, hand-dyed fabrics and threads, and a needle.