In this tempting class create a small art quilt teeming with every flower in creation. Build a blooming garden on a green base of lush leaves, curly ferns and wavy blades of grass. Add simple daisies, jolly tulips and colorful chrysanthemums to the mix and you have a garden that Eve would envy.
Directions for free cutting flowers and leaves from a pre-fused fabric kit and finishing techniques are covered. (No sewing machine needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for this Half-Day Class:
– Small sharp scissors like 5” knife blade scissors
– Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
– Specialty rotary cutter blades like Pinking, Wavy, or Scallop (optional)
– Cotton batting, 1 piece measuring about 14″ x 14″
– Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 14″ x 14″
– Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group).
– Tweezers (optional)
– Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, pre-fused hand-dyed fabrics, embroidery threads and a needle.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin , IL 60123