In this tempting class, create a small art quilt teeming with every flower in creation. Build a blooming garden on a green base of lush leaves, curly ferns and wavy blades of grass. Add simple daisies, jolly tulips and colorful chrysanthemums to the mix and you have a garden that Eve would envy. All from colorful fused fabrics.
Directions for free cutting flowers and bias leaves and fused quilt assembly processes are covered. (No sewing machine needed.) $20 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full Day Workshop:
• 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under (paper backed, #805). Please DO NOT BRING HEAT ‘N BOND or STEAM A SEAM.
• Small sharp scissors like 5″ knife blade scissors
• Paper scissors
• Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
• Specialty rotary cutter blades, such as Pinking, Wavy or Scallop (optional).
• Batting, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″. Hobbs Heirloom Premium Batting 80/20 recommended
• Quilt backing fabric, 1 piece measuring about 18″ x 18″
• Thimble (optional)
• Iron and ironing surface (if not provided by group)
• Tweezers (optional)
• Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
$20 Kit Fee: Includes hand out and hand-dyed fabrics and threads.
Laura Wasilowski 324 Vincent Place Elgin , IL 60123