Recreate an image of your home, The Nut House. Learn fusing techniques like pattern transfer, bias weaving, and making it up as you go along. Learn how to add hand embroidery and bind your small art quilt too.
Pattern templates are provided, but you will provide the fun and imagination. Bring your Nut House to life with a kit of beautifully hand-dyed fabrics and threads. (No sewing machine is needed.) $25 Kit Fee.
Supplies Participants Should Bring for a Full-Day Class:
- 2 yards of regular weight Wonder-Under fusible web (paper backed #805). Please DO NOT BRING Heat ‘n Bond or Steam a Seam
- Batting measuring about 14″ x 14″
- Quilt backing fabric measuring about 14″ x 14″
- 1 yard of parchment paper
- Black fine point Sharpie marker
- Small, sharp scissors for free cutting
- Paper scissors
- Rotary cutters, ruler and mat
- Specialty blades, like Pinking, Wavy, or Scallop (optional)
- Iron and ironing surface (share with other class members if not provided by group)
- Thimble (optional)
- Small plastic bag for fabric scraps
- Tweezers (optional)
$25 Kit Fee: Includes hand out, templates, hand-dyed fabrics and threads, needle.