The last section of our leaf for the Wool Stitch Along is a small space with lots of potential. We’re going to pack it full of color and texture with Needle Weaving.
Here are the next steps:
- Use the same color of size 8 thread used in the outline and a size 3 – 4 embroidery needle.
- Stitch parallel Straight Stitches (the warp) for the first part of the Needle Weaving inside the next compartment.
- Space these warp stitches about 1/16” apart across the space.
- Use your second color of size 8 pearl cotton thread.
- Weave the thread across the warp stitches using the directions for Needle Weaving.