Hand embroidery is a real “hands-on” art form. Each stitch on fabric is unique to the maker (that’s you and your hands). Some people make small precise stitches, others make large bold stitches elevating off the fabric surface. A good example of a stitch you can personalize to your own hands is the next embroidery stitch used in the Wool Stitch Along, the Cross Stitch. Change the size, change the angle, line stitches up, or spread them out. It is up to you.
Here are the next steps:
- Use the same color of size 8 thread used in the outline and a size 3 – 4 embroidery needle.
- Stitch parallel rows of the Cross Stitch inside the next compartment.
- Leave space between rows for the next set of Cross Stitches to be stitched in another thread colorway.
- Use your second color of size 8 pearl cotton thread.
- Add more rows of the Cross Stitches between the previous stitches.
- Kiss your little hands and tell them they are your best friends.