And now that you’ve made this beautiful piece of stitchery, it is time to share your artwork with others. To prepare the embroidery for display, follow these steps:
- Trim the wool to remove any frayed edges.
- Place it onto a piece of felt. (Commercial felt from your local fabric shop is fine.)
- Stitch it to the felt around the edges with the Blanket Stitch.
- Add another frame around the piece with another piece of felt in a color that enhances the design. Cut this felt larger than the first piece of felt. (The size depends on if you have a mat or frame size in mind.)
- Stitch the artwork onto the larger piece of felt at each corner concealing the stitches.
- Cut a piece of mat board the size of the felt or the size of your frame if you are displaying it in a frame. (A shadow box frame is recommended.)
- Use double stick tape and tape the piece into place on the mat board. Or stitch it to the mat.
- Display it proudly in your home!
Please note: You will always be able to see the Wool Stitch Along info for later reference under the Tutorials of this website.