The next area to fill in for our Wool Stitch Along will have 2 stitches. The Cable Stitch divides the compartment into rows and Bullion Knots fill in the rows with bulky coils of thread. You can replace the Bullion Knots with French Knots if you like. But you like a challenge, right? So go for the Bullion!
Here are the next steps:
- Use the same color of size 8 thread used in the outline and a size 3 – 4 embroidery needle.
- Run 2 rows of the Cable Stitch parallel to the arc of the leaf veins.
- Stitch the rows about 1/8” to 1/4” apart inside the compartment.
- Use your second color of size 8 pearl cotton thread.
- Fill in the area between the Cable Stitched rows with Bullion Knots. Run the stitches parallel to the rows.
- Remove the needle from your hand and give yourself a high five for making the Bullion Knots.