You’ll be familiar with our next stitch if you’ve used the Back Stitch to outline your leaf shape in our Wool Stitch Along. I like the Back Stitch for it’s dashing dashed line. It looks so trim and neat and well regulated. Just like my life.
Here are the directions:
- Use the same color of size 8 thread used in the outline and a size 3 – 4 embroidery needle.
- Start stitching the Back Stitch inside the compartment about 1/8” away from the outside curve. Follow that curve up the leaf edge.
- Stitch 3 – 4 more rows of Back Stitches about 1/8” apart following the previous curve.
- (Please ignore that line of red thread on the left in the image above. I got carried away and forgot to take the photo of just the green stitches.)
- Use that same Back Stitch and fill in the spaces between the rows.
- Use your second color of size 8 pearl cotton thread.
- Enjoy this orderly pattern of dashes on the fabric and go reorganize your closet.