I’m about to give you the final directions to complete the piece. But first I have a request. Could you please send me a photo of your Tools of the Trade Stitch Along project? I’d love to see what you made whether it is complete or not. Just email an image to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a new quilt-along project coming up for you to enjoy. I’ll introduce it to you soon.
And now on to the grand finale of our stitch along!
Please Note: You’ll always find steps on how to make this free project on the Tools of the Trade Stitch Along Tutorial page.
- Stitch Running Stitches across the background fabric in spirals and curves. Use a size 12 thread (like Rainbow Rich) and a size 5 or 7 hand embroidery needle.
- Stitch to within 1/2″ of the edges of the fabric.
- Stitch tack the embroidery to the backing fabric.
- Stitch Blanket Stitches around the edge of the design to secure it to the backing fabric. Use a size 8 thread (like Aquamarine) and a size 3 or 4 hand embroidery needle.
- Trim the backing fabric to within 1/8″ of the design if necessary.
- Remove the tacking stitches.
I hope you enjoyed Tools of the Trade project. Thank you for joining me!