Time to finish this small embroidery and dream of making the next one. In the beginning you’ll remember that we fused the silk background fabric and ironed it to a smaller piece of batting leaving a 1″ boarder of fabric around the edge. We’ll wrap that edge to the back now, finishing the piece.
Here are the next stitching steps for the Silk Stitch Along:
- Fold a corner back onto the batting at at a 90 degree angle. Fuse the corner into place with a hot iron.
- Repeat this at each corner.
- Fold each side onto the batting making a sharp corner. Fuse the sides down with a hot iron.
- Cut a piece of felt to measure about 1/4″ smaller on each edge than the size of the piece.
- Stitch the felt to the back of the piece with a Running Stitch.
The complete tutorial for the Silk Stitch Along is found on the Tutorials Page of this website.
I hope you enjoyed it!