Remember that tree trunk you made early in the Silk Stitch Along? It looks a little bare and naked don’t you think? Lets dress it up with a few branches and maybe add a fig leave or two.
Here are the next stitching steps for the Silk Stitch Along:
- Use the same size 8 pearl cotton thread and size 3 or 4 embroidery needle used to stitch the tree trunk.
- Add adjacent rows of Chain Stitches extending from the tree trunk out to the right and left.
- Add smaller branches off of larger ones with more Chain Stitches or Straight Stitches.
- Use a variegated color size 12 pearl cotton thread and size 5 or 7 embroidery needle.
- Stitch Lazy Daisy Stitches on the ends of the branches to make leaves.
- Randomly add more Lazy Daisy Stitches around the these stitches to create a canopy of leaves.
- Using that same thread, fill in each Lazy Daisy loop with a Straight Stitch.
You can always access information on the Silk Stitch Along for later reference under the Tutorials Page of this website. Directions are added as the Stitch Along progresses. Here it is