As I once said to my dentist, “Will this filling hurt?” In the next part of the Silk Stitch Along we are doing lots of filling around the garden plants. And for some, adding lots of filling stitches may be painful and tedious. But unlike dentistry, these fillings are not absolutely necessary. You can skip the filling and just love your embroidery the way it is.
Here are the next stitching steps for the Silk Stitch Along:
- Use a variegated color of size 12 pearl cotton thread and size 5 or 7 embroidery needle.
- Choose a thread color that is analogous in color to the background fabric so it blends in with the background.
- Stitch rows of Long and Short Stitches across the garden filling in the spaces between plants to make grass.
- Use the Satin Stitch to fill in the areas that are tight around plants and tree trunk.
- Brush your teeth and make an appointment with your dentist today.