The International Quilt Festival in Chicago is coming up this week and yards of fabric must be ironed. Here’s my method of ironing fabric: con your husband into ironing the fabric for you! Use these simple steps and you’ll experience a feeling of accomplishment and a sense of well being. Not to mention getting your fabric ironed too!
How To Get Your Husband to Iron Fabric
1. Dye some fabric in various containers. Notice how your back and feet are aching? Good. You’ll need that memory in the future.
2. Wash the fabric and stack it conspicuously on a shelf. Sign loudly.
3. Complain about how tired your feet are. You’ve been on your dogs dyeing for days!
4. Heat up your trusty, shiny, new steam iron. Point out its features like how it glides across fabric and is a pleasure to steam with.
5. Find something on TV for him to watch. Cartoons work best. Or maybe an old war movie. But do not put on a political debate or the iron won’t be the only thing steaming! You want to keep his attention so he doesn’t wander out of the room.
6. Park him in front of the TV, the iron, and see the results!
7. Be grateful and give him a big kiss as a reward. In extreme cases offer to order out for dinner and rub his feet. Rub his feet after dinner.
I hope you have found this helpful. It may also work with children and unsuspecting house guests.