These flowers are only indigenous to the Chicagoland area so you may not recognize them. And it takes several stitches to bring them to life. (Note that directions will be added to the Flower Vase Stitch Along page as we go.)
- Stitch a Lazy Daisy Stitch about 3″ up from the center of the rim of the vase using a light/medium green thread and a size 3 or 4 embroidery needle.
- Using that same thread, stitch a line of Fern Stitches down into the previous stitches to make a center flower stem.
- Stitch Fly Stitches on either side of the Fern Stitch line to make flowers.
- Use a red thread and a size 3 or 4 embroidery needle.
- Stitch a Straight Stitch inside the loop of the top Lazy Daisy Stitch using a yellow thread and size 3 or 4 embroidery needle.
- Using that same thread, stitch French Knots inside of each flower.
- Repeat the above steps to make 2 more flower stems on either side of the first stem.